Refund from seller

JessicaSmith
New Community Member

Okay.. Ahem.. I am having issue with the seller that refused to give me refund. she owes me $200.00 and she hasnt shipped my prodcut yet. but the problem is, the payment was made on jan 6th and jan 7th. i tried to get in touch with her but never respond back to any of my message.. now i am trying to file to get refund but cant because something to do with 60 days? 

how do i file to get my refund back, also my email address on this file is no longer in use, I have no access to the email since i got locked out so i created new email address. That will be other problem in trying to get my refund as well. 

Thank you! 

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

first,where did you buy the item ?

if Ebay,file on Ebay,item not received,you have 180 days.

If not  Ebay,but you paid via paypal,call Paypal and tell them about your old email address which is no longer in use,you have 180 days as well.

ifyou paid with a credit card,go to file chargeback with your credit card,you have 180 days or more. 

Login to Me Too

lyn99
Contributor
Contributor

Then why does Ebay deny refund (automated) when its 30 days past the estimated delivery date?

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You said you made payments on Jan 6 and Jan 7th,then there are two payments for one item??

You have 180 days to file item not received with Ebay,if seller does not respond or ship your item,then escalate to get Ebay involved and it will ask for tracking number from seller,if seller fails to provide tracking which shows it has been delivered,then Ebay will close the case and refund you in full.

You have to escalate the case to get Ebay involved,now it is more than 180 days.

If you have paid with your credit card,file chargeback if it is not too late.

Go to Ebay and read about buyer protection,now it looks like it is too late to do anything on Ebay or Paypal,so ask your credit card issuer if you can still file chargeback.

(buying on Ebay,you are buying from individuals,it is not like buying from Walmart or Harod dept store,you have to read about buyer protection and rules etc)

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

so your Paypal email address is no longer in use,but  have you tried logging on anyway with that email address and the password .

we are allowed multiple email addresses for  one paypal account,you can add your new email address to your existing paypal account,try it and see if it works for you 

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@lyn99 wrote:

Then why does Ebay deny refund (automated) when its 30 days past the estimated delivery date?

we are not Ebay,what reason does Ebay give you for denying your refund?

Seller would have to upload tracking to show it has been delivered,if 750 dollars or more,signed for.

Login to Me Too

lyn99
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry to be confusing, I'm not the OP, but I have the same confusion about refunds.

When you try to get a refund on the Paypal site, they send you to Ebay when you click the "refund" link, and you get this message:

Unfortunately, your purchase is no longer eligible for the eBay Money Back Guarantee since 30 days have passed since the estimated delivery date of the item...

I hope I haven't confused and derailed, she didn't actually say hers was Ebay.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

CLICK on Help and Support on Ebay site and search for buyer protection.

Did it change to 30 days ?

It is my understanding Ebay buyers have 180 days to file dispute?

WHat is the item and when was it delivered? 

Login to Me Too

lyn99
Contributor
Contributor

I'll start a new thread titled,  "Paypal refund actions concerning Ebay".

OP may need to use this thread.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

This is from Ebay-

if you did not receive the item, or the item is not as described, you have 30 days from your actual or latest estimated delivery date to open a request, under the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

--------------------------------------------------------------

call Ebay and ask them to clarify ,it was 180 days,but now it is back to 30 days.

You may have to file chargeback with your cc issuer. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.