Dont want to get verified

tj_thompson79
Contributor
Contributor

I don't want to get verified but it wont let me pay for my items from eBay.  I haven't reached my limit yet what's going on.....

Login to Me Too
264 REPLIES 264

speedytoo
Contributor
Contributor

How did you get through to someone who could make a decision?

Login to Me Too

JIMMYDO
Contributor
Contributor
I could not have stated it better. PayPal has become a rip off. They tell you all your information will be protected. Don't worry. The conversation I had with Pay Pal assumes you have a iq of 100. Their child like response to questions was absurd. One rule is true... Your personal information held by others is at risk on the Internet. A company that says their system is hack proof are playing you for a fool. I feel sorry for the 40 million users of the pay pal credit card. No wonder Meg Whitman left Ebay as CEO. She had reached her limit . She refused to give bank info to Pay Pal.
Login to Me Too

wsmith214
New Community Member

I agree 100%. From this point forward, if an ebay vendor doesn't accept my Visa, I will do business else where.

Login to Me Too

triathlyn
Contributor
Contributor

I have found there are plenty of other options (business elsewhere) or if you are really addicted ebay, all sellers are amenable to other methods of payment. And I also agree with the previous post, that the more FTC receives our complaints, the higher the probability some action will be taken. They could, FTC, however, simply issue statement "Buyer beware". That's on us, really, yes?

Login to Me Too

Rob5404
Contributor
Contributor

Does you account reset after Pay Pal receives their money from the credit card company?

Login to Me Too

zoegirl
Contributor
Contributor

I don't kn ow what you mean about   "reset" -  my account is paid by my Amex ---  the charge appears on my Amex -  Paypal is only the conduit to my Amex!

For some reason, $10,000 is the "magic" number -  after proving that you are able to go for years up to a $10,000 spend with no trouble at all and a valid Amex thru which you actually pay your bill, it has been decided that you need to change your account, give them your banking info INCLUDING your ID AND your PASSOWORD!!!  Makes no sense which is why those losers on the phone can't answer any of your questions.

Fact is, with my Amex information I am protected after the first $50 of problems...  Paypal or some hacker INTO Paypal could drain my entire bank account in 5 minutes (make that 2 minutes) and there would be absolutely nothing I could do about it.  I, along with thousands, could make a "claim" ---  and mabye in 2042 there might be some action taken --- IF Paypal was liable and I'll bet you my lunch money they wouldn't be!

We would all wake  up to hear on Good Morning America that thousands of bank accounts had been raided -  and something in the Paypal fine print  would preclude them from being responsible.

Are they SERIOUS????  The want my account number, my ID   ---- AND the password to my account?!  Why don't I  just make them a co-account holder and let them just take what they want whenever?!!!!!

The sellers on ebay will have to come up with some alternatives or they will lose thousands and thousands of customers--- myself among them! 

I have lived long and prospered --- and I have NEVER heard such nonsense as getting "verified" on Paypal!

Login to Me Too

jessenk

I can't believe they expect people to give that info, I almost did, thinking I'm not going to be negative, I always pay my bills, but once they asked for my ATM pin..nope. NO way!

Login to Me Too

hubie54

I also won't hook up my bank account,  But they don't care,  I got a email and someone had bought 2 items on my account, it came to $29 bucks and some change.  Now it didn't work cause my card had expired since I wouldn't hook up my bank to my account,  So if people can use my card or account and they didn't catch it till time to pay,  but I got a invoice, what would have happened if the card was good?  I don't understand the sellers should raise alittle cain about this, after all this hurts them also,  So I guess I will close my account,  but what would have happened if mt account was hooked up ....would it be bye bye account?

Login to Me Too

Madhatterpa
Contributor
Contributor

I GOT THE SAME RUN AROUND!! I've been a PayPal user for years, and in fact in the process of bidding on eBay when it appears that PAYPAL decided to change their policy and 'UNVERIFY' everyones Credit card that was on record FORCING you to either give up your personal Bank Account information [WHICH HAS NO BUYER PROTECTION OR FRAUD PROTECTION COVERAGE THAT A CREDIT CARD PROVIDES] or to sign up for their brand of credit card where they probably get kickback.. Bottom Line to anyone who was right in the middle of a buying process just got **bleep**ed in that you can't pay for your auctions for those who only accepted PayPal and since you 'hit your sending limit' can not pay the seller. Add to this if by chance you do decide to 'open' a direct transactiion path to your Bank Account [BLANK CHECKS WITH NO LIMIT] because you have an account with limited funds that you can use, it still takes days for the verify to clear, and you default on paying the seller on time.. never mind those deals that required instant payment.. WOW WHAT A WAY TO TELL YOUR CUSTOMERS THAT WE DONT CARE ABOUT YOU ANYU MOPE.. WAY TO GO PAYPAL.. AFTER 12 YEARS I WOULD OF EXPECTED A BETTER HANDLING OF CHANGES WHICH IMPACT EBAY TRANSACTIONS.. A CREDIT CARD SHOULD BE ALL THATS NEEDED!!! 

Login to Me Too

gladee
New Community Member

URSULA, DIDDO ON YOUR COMMENTS.  I FEEL THE SAME WAY, I ALWAYS PAID ON TIME USING MY CREDIT CARD FOR THE PAST FIVE YEARS WITH A+++ CREDIT.  I DID APPLY FOR A PAYPAL CREDIT CARD AND WITHIN 2 MINUTES I WAS DENIED.  NO REASON FOR IT!  MAYBE WE ALL NEED TO CLOSE OUR ACCOUNTS.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.