PayPal Community Q&A - May 31, 2019 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Q&A session on Friday, May 31st, from 4-5pm GMT.

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the session is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Q&A session works:

The session opens at 4pm GMT. Once it is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post a question, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the Q&A, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the Q&A session, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 5pm GMT, the session will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the Q&A session by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

Benlfc13
Contributor
Contributor
I paid via PayPal but I had no funds in my account at the time so it came from my debit card. So does this mean it will take longer as you said?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Benlfc13 wrote:
I paid via PayPal but I had no funds in my account at the time so it came from my debit card. So does this mean it will take longer as you said?

Hi @Benlfc13,

That's a possibility. Typically, refunds to cards are seen within a few days, but some card issuers do take longer to reflect the refund credit. 

I'm sorry that it's not showing right away for you. I know it can be frustrating to not have access to the funds right away.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

tommyboss736
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to get a hold of the people from gofundme they lead me right back to you about the same thing as last time I was there and I will apologize again for all of your hard work on this if we can get this done before the end of today I have been working on these two long no Reason for this to go on any further I'm tired of the most things Paypal doing is not too late to change account too much more better bank account details for my money!! Some I no can help me out with this matter pleaseMr.Tommie <removed> Thank you have a great day.Bye!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@tommyboss736 wrote:

I have been trying to get a hold of the people from gofundme they lead me right back to you about the same thing as last time I was there and I will apologize again for all of your hard work on this if we can get this done before the end of today I have been working on these two long no Reason for this to go on any further I'm tired of the most things Paypal doing is not too late to change account too much more better bank account details for my money!! Some I no can help me out with this matter pleaseMr.Tommie <removed> Thank you have a great day.Bye!

Hi @tommyboss736,

I'm sorry that you're having difficulty. Can you provide some details about what's happening? If I can direct you to a resolution, I'd be happy to do so!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Kohen1
Contributor
Contributor
Hi,why is paypal not working in South Africa
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Kohen1 wrote:
Hi,why is paypal not working in South Africa

Hi @Kohen1,

I'm sorry to hear that your account is not working properly. Please provide some details about what's not working. What action are you trying to do? Is there an error message? If no error message, what is the result?

Thank you!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Kohen1
Contributor
Contributor
Transactions from my credit card keep getting declined,or paypal message "some things not working properly at the moment"
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Kohen1 wrote:
Transactions from my credit card keep getting declined,or paypal message "some things not working properly at the moment"

Hi @Kohen1,

I'm sorry to hear that your transactions are not going through. This can happen for a few reasons.

One possibility is that the card is being declined because of a name or address mismatch. If the name or address is different on file with your card issuer than it is on your PayPal account, the error you're seeing can occur.

Another possibility is that the transaction is being declined because the security system has detected some sort of risk. In a situation like that, the best thing to do is wait a full day with no attempts and try again. If the payment continues to be declined, you can reach out to customer service for further troubleshooting. Click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website and click Call us, and then log in or call as a guest.

I hope this can be resolved quickly!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's Q&A session!

The weekly Q&A session is now closed. All thread content will remain viewable, but locked. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back Wednesday, June 5th at 1pm PT, or next week on Friday, June 7th at 4pm GMT. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.