Does Paypal prohibit businesses from changing a customer's shipping address at their request?

laurel7
Contributor
Contributor

Is this true?  has anyone been told this  before?  I don't think it is but am trying to make certain.  Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Tommy

Hi laurel7, 

This is true. A seller cannot edit the customer's address through their PayPal account, even if they receive confirmation from the buyer. 

The seller can ship the item to a different address if they wish. 

-Tommy

Login to Me Too

laurel7
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply.   

I wasn't clear; I didn't want to change the address through a Paypal account.   I wanted to change the shipping address in my store records (Volusion is the platform) and I have easily done so in the past.  This time the Volusion platform would not let me make that change.  When I called them, the excuse I got from Tech Support was "Paypal doesn't allow this."    I smell a rat here--I think it was simply a way to shove off their error to someone else, and I just hate it when people make up excuses to blame others.  

The whole situation didn't have anything to do with the payment part of the transaction... and I cannot imagine that Paypal would require that the customer cancel and rewrite the order from step 1 because she made a typo in the address???  Tell me it isn't true.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.