How can I pay my PayPal Smart Connect?

iam_alejandro
New Community Member

So last week I bought an item eBay for $800 using my PayPal Smart Connect. Now that I want to make the payment it shows that I have a "Minimum payment due of $0.00 USD" but my "Current balance: $800.00 USD.

I tried pressing on the button that says "Make a Payment" then it asks for me to "Select a funding source" and it only gives me the option of choosing my bank account but not my debit card which is in my checking account. I have that card already saved in my PayPal.

So my question is, can I pay my Smart Connect using my debit card? What's the difference between paying with my debit card and with my bank account? I have two savings and a checking account so if I pick my bank account will I be charged from one of those accounts, from my checkings automatically or how does it work? Or should I just wait for a minimum amount to show up for me to make the payment?

If anyone has an answer, thanks in advance! 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

tommymanxx
New Community Member
There is no way to do this. Ive been trying off and on for 2 days. maybe when there is a payment due we can make it.
Login to Me Too

angeldream333
Contributor
Contributor

There's technically no difference between debit card and checking account usually, but I have never seen a credit card/line of credit allow debit card payment before. To pay my credit cards, I can either let them take money directly from my checking account or I can pay them by check or use bank's billpay option to send payment.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.