Delaying payment on a long delivery item

Maureenj25
Contributor
Contributor

I have purchased an item which is being custom made hence its 7/8 week delivery.  Paypal have advised they are going to pay for my item on 31st Jan which is 4/5 weeks before it will be delivered, despite their "pay after delivery" promise.  How do I delay the payment? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maureenj25

Pay after delivery means that paypal will give you a small interest free loan for 14 days in which time your item 'may' have arrived.

It doesn't mean that the item always does arrive, the seller is paid instantly the same as always as no seller would send an item before being paid, it just gives you a bit of time before your funds are deducted.

You have no buyer protection for 'custom made' items anyway even if you paid with PAD or otherwise.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Maureenj25
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the information I did not know I had no protection if I paid for a bespoke item by paypal or even about the pay after delivery arrangement I, like alot of other people, assumed that pay after delivery refers to the payment to the supplier and not my payment to paypal.  Paypal is always my preferred payment as it is so easy but from now on I will have to use my credit card on long delivery and bespoke items for the protection but thanks again information is power as they say.

Regards Maureenj25

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.