Paypal pay in 3 payment to seller still pending after 24 hours

Temp20230727e
Contributor
Contributor
How long does it take for a pay in 3 payment to go through? I got a receipt email from paypal, but it says the payment to the seller is pending. It's been 24 hours. My "contract" has been accepted, they've taken the first payment from my bank account, and the next two are scheduled. I've heard nothing from the seller website. The seller site is not a scam site, i've ordered dozens of times from them before, all using paypal.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Temp20230727e

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

I apologize for any confusion caused by your pending payment that was paid with Pay in 3. A pending payment means that the merchant hasn't collected the money for the transaction yet. This usually happens within 72 hours, but some merchants can take a little longer. You can learn more about pending payments on our Help Center here. If the merchant doesn't collect the money and the order automatically voids, you'll receive a refund for your first Pay in 3 installment. On average, you'll see the refund back in your account in three to five business days after the order is voided. 

I hope your payment has already gone through, but if not, that this information helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.