How to appeal and reverse an incorrectly closed dispute case?

ShogunSports
Contributor
Contributor

The sale my company made is eligible for seller protection, which currently seems unfit for purpose and an unfair trading practice.

A buyer opened a dispute case stating product not delivered, this is because DHL lost one of the 3 packages, the buyer stated they received the other 2 packages. At my own cost in both product cost and shipping cost, I sent a replacement package to the buyer, the buyer kept the case open.

PayPal updated the case and gave me 2 days, over a weekend, to submit proof of delivery for the resent package. The 3PL logistics company was not working on a weekend and therefore I couldn't get proof of delivery. PayPal closed the case at midnight Sunday night finding in favour of the buyer and refunded $725.86 USD to the buyer. I subsequently have signed proof of delivery but there is no way to open an appeal. This is quite absurd PayPal, not only am I out of pocket for the second product cost and shipment but you then incorrectly took $725.86 USD from my account and refunded to the buyer who has received the goods and signed for them.

I have proof and I have sent it to your support team in Hong Kong, along with official request for appeal, within the 10 days, but nothing seems to be moving on this matter.

The case ID is PP-R-LJX-484863358

As stated, this is eligible for seller protection, not only does the sale state this inside of PayPal, but I have also read your seller protection legal terms and everything falls within this.

This should be a simple overturn of the incorrectly closed case as I have demonstrated signed proof of delivery. If you don't overturn it then basically you are stating that the seller protection is false and not fit for purpose, and therefore you are committing unfair trade practices, which means that PayPal Hong Kong Limited have breached Hong Kong law, specifically Trade Descriptions Ordinance (Cap. 362), Part 2B Unfair Trade Practices 13E. 

Please have someone look into this at the earliest to save us all time and effort thanks.

You shouldn't punish small businesses like this, we've all had a difficult time during COVID and are trying to grow out of it, please help the small businesses and entrepreneurs, who I'm pretty sure make up a large amount of your business.

Best regards,

Mark

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ShogunSports 

Contact customer service to appeal:

https://www.paypal.com/hk/smarthelp/contact-us      

Click Message Us or Call Us option below the Common Issues section.

Or reach out to PayPal at Facebook or Twitter:    

PayPal on Facebook

PayPal on Twitter

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ShogunSports
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @sharpiemarker ,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have already started talking to both PayPal Hong Kong customer service and AskPayPal on Twitter yesterday. Hopefully I will get somewhere with them to correct this erroneous case closure in buyer's favour but am still posting the question in case anyone has any alternative routes to fixing the problem as it's cost me a lot of time and money.

Best regards,

Mark 

Login to Me Too

ShogunSports
Contributor
Contributor

Still having issues here. PayPal finally escalated it, accepted my Proof of Delivery of the replacement box, and said they'd reach out to the customer to ask if they received it, giving the customer 3 days and then PayPal would get back to me. Well, we already know what the customer will say because he has been acting unethically all along.

Regardless, since then, nobody from PayPal has got back to me, the message chat is still open within PayPal, the last date of communication was the 13th July 2023, 1.5 months ago, and nothing has changed, I've not received a refund, I've not received an email.

I spoke with AskPayPal on Twitter 3 weeks ago, they said it had been escalated again and someone would email within 24 hours, nobody emailed.

What is going on PayPal? This is a large amount of money, I've given proof of delivery, I'm out of pocket by a lot of money, I have Seller Protection. This is causing a huge amount of mental anguish here, it is depressing. Sort it out please and return the erroneous refund you sent to the fraudster!

Best regards,

Mark

Login to Me Too

bunniechan29
New Community Member

Hello, is this resolved? I'm having an issue as well. A client decided to file a dispute for an item not received but it is a website our company built for his business and it was completed but Paypal closed the case in his favor 😞 leaving me with a negative balance.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.