Brand new business account permenantly limited? "You can no longer use PayPal"

SatyricL
Contributor
Contributor

So I stream on twitch and youtube. I wanted an account that did not have my personal information attached to it, so that I could avoid doxxing myself.

I finished creating the business account, and within 10 minutes of submitting my passport ID, I got an email saying I can no longer use Paypal, and my account is "permanently limited".

What the hell is that about??

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SatyricL 

You can't really "hide" yourself. If your account holder info does not match your photo ID, etc you get the boot. When opening a business account, your personal info should not show, your business info do.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

SatyricL
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 
So when making the business account, I made the business owner name my online username, thinking that is what I needed to do to make sure my real name/address didn't appear to people.

Now I am thinking that I got instantly banned because they thought it was suspicious that my business owner name did not match my passport ID?

How do I fix this? As of now, my business email is locked for paypal, and there seems to be no way to correct what should be incredibly easy to fix. I talked to a Customer Service Rep, and they said my passport ID was rejected. At that time, I let them know I probably needed to correct the name on the business. They said they would take my State ID as proof of identity and also request a name change for me.

I have not received any update on the status of my account since, and no ability to correct my name. So now I am thinking there was not adequate communication between the two parties trying to fix this, and they simply rejected my ID again without making the change to my name.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.