Paypal Withdrawing 2,000 from Bank

Jovial_
Contributor
Contributor

Had an Email this morning that PayPal is withdrawing 2,000 CAD from my Bank account to my PayPal balance that I did not authorize. Transaction is 'pending' and I can't seem to dispute or file a claim. Tried to contact PayPal's customer support phone number but got an automated response that was unhelpful. 

It looks like someone may have had access to my account but I'm unsure. A number that ends in 0007 (not mine) was added to my account. I've since removed it, changed my password, and added 2FA just in case.

Not to mention about a week ago, PayPal asked me for some very sensitive personal information (ie; drivers license, passport, credit card/bank statements, proof of residence, etc.) to verify my account. 

I made sure not to click any email links, I logged into the actual website do to all of this so I don't think I gave any info to anyone who shouldn't have it. 

So I can't seem to cancel or do anything about this 2,000 pending transaction. PayPal says it will complete by Mar. 28 and there's nothing I can do about it? Do I contact my bank?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jovial_ 

Paypal can't do anything as they haven't got your money. I would contact your bank asap and see if they can cancel the pending echeque.

If it does complete then you can 'withdraw' it back to your bank account.

I would also do a malware and anti-virus scan on your computer and change your security questions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.