Stolen credit card information used for PayPal transaction

yxchen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, someone else stole my credit card information and used it in a PayPal transaction (may be his account). Therefore, it is totally an unauthorized transaction. It just happened in this morning, around a few hours ago. I have date, amount, seller name and transaction ID of this unauthorized transaction, which I got from bank account. I just want to know if PayPal can cancel this transaction or do something else.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @yxchen,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I am sorry to know about the unauthorized transactions and I understand this can be frustrating. Please be informed that when a transaction shows on your bank or card statement but not in PayPal account that is an indication that someone has obtained your financial information and used it without permission. Reporting the transaction to the bank and having them close the affected account is essential and the bank is responsible for refunding the unauthorized payment. If your Financial institution is not helping you with this, please reach out to our Customer SUpport Team through the available contact options on our website buy clicking contact at the bottom of our page. Support is also available through Facebook private messages or Twitter direct messages. 

Regards,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @yxchen,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I am sorry to know about the unauthorized transactions and I understand this can be frustrating. Please be informed that when a transaction shows on your bank or card statement but not in PayPal account that is an indication that someone has obtained your financial information and used it without permission. Reporting the transaction to the bank and having them close the affected account is essential and the bank is responsible for refunding the unauthorized payment. If your Financial institution is not helping you with this, please reach out to our Customer SUpport Team through the available contact options on our website buy clicking contact at the bottom of our page. Support is also available through Facebook private messages or Twitter direct messages. 

Regards,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

yxchen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @PayPal_Ayesha ,

Thank you very much for your reply. I have contacted the PayPal Customer Services and they are so nice that they have canceled the transaction, had the fraud account blocked and I got the refund. Therefore, the problem is solved now. Again, I really appreciate the help of you and other PayPal people.

Best Regards,

yxchen

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @yxchen

Thank you for coming back to share the outcome!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Sawyer35
Contributor
Contributor

I have same issue and I have another question

Is it that simple to add any credit card to paypal if someone get credit card information. Don't paypal do any verification like sending a deposit or some other 2FA? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.