Unrecognized Chargeback Dispute

AbelSoto
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

On March 18th I made a purchase on Steam through PayPal, which I regularly do. A few weeks later, I received an alert from Steam that my account was limited due to a chargeback dispute on said purchase (I didn't issue any claim). I contacted Steam Support and I was told that the claim was started from PayPal; I then contacted PayPal and they said to contact my Financial Instituion since the origin of the dispute was with them. I called my Bank and they don't have any claim, issue or dispute on the card I used to make the purchase (Which makes sense, because I did not start a claim with anyone). There is actually no problem on file with my card on my bank. 

I then go back to PayPal and Steam. Steam was a bit more helpful and removed the limitations on my account, however, I still don't have access to the purchased items until the dispute is resolved.   

PayPal says they can't close the dispute (I asked them to do it and that I accepted liability, since I never entered a claim anyway), but PayPal says they can't cancel it because they didn't start it. So the current situation is: Steam has their money retained, I can't access my purchased items, PayPal says they can't do anything (Even though, they are the ones with the chargeback dispute on their system) and my Bank says they didn't start any claim on their side and my CC is fine. The status on the Resolution Center says there is no action needed from me while the case is being reviewed so I can't cancel it manually. I'm afradi that the dispute will just be left there, stuck, because there is nothing to resolve. I basically paid for something, but don't have access to it and am powerless to contirbute to the outcome.

Has anyone experienced this before? I'm starting to believe it could be an error on PayPal's System.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.