How to Stop Recurring Payment To FileServe?

phillia
Contributor
Contributor

I just bought a 1 month premium in Fileserve, but then I received an email about automatic/recurring payment!

I followed instructions and went to Profile >> My Preapproved Payments and I cancelled that subscription.

Am I now safe? Is that subscription cancelled? Next month won't Fileserve try to get my money, right? Is there anything else I need to do?

Thank you for your help 🙂

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

PayPal_Kevin
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome phillia

Hello and I hope you are doing well.  Based on the information you have provided it appears you have taken the correct steps to cancel the billing agreement.  If you are looking in your Pre-Approved payments section and you no longer see an active agreement with this company, then it has been successfully cancelled.

You can also verify this in your 'History' section by filtering for subscriptions/billing agreements and going back to the original date the agreement was set up.  If you have done it correctly the status of the agreement will show as 'cancelled'.  The merchant would not be able to charge you any further.

Thanks for being part of our community and I wish you the very best. 

KB Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

tarotiki

Hi,

PayPal should  try to solve this kind of problem bacause

many people have same problem with fileserve. I have not downloaded anything from them,

but paid $89.

Login to Me Too

phoenix39ge
Contributor
Contributor

Could you tell me where can I find the "Profile" to cancel the permium membership please? Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Ragav
Contributor
Contributor

thats all..you will not get charged from next month..

but i suggest you to send a mail to fileserve and mention not to charge hereafter.

thanks

Regards

Ragav

Login to Me Too

phoenix39ge
Contributor
Contributor

the problem is I couldn't even find a place to cancel the membership, it just keep charging me and that drives me crazy. I can't find the "Profile".  In "My Account", there are only "account" and "news". Noting else.

Login to Me Too

tallerfaller

Your profile is best accessed from the Paypal home page. Once there, click on the My Account tab and then choose the Profile option below that. The option you are looking for should be listed there.

Login to Me Too

phoenix39ge
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you! Hope it works. Thanks a LOT!

Login to Me Too

Seve

Hi!

I bought a fileserve premium, too. But I can't find anything in preapproved payments section. Will they charge me and is it legal if I can't see the subscription in paypal?

Edit: I didnt receive an email that the auto payment is set up. Is there any at all then?

Login to Me Too

renard1982
New Community Member

I,

i have the same pb here.

And, it seems that i can't stop this Web service.

I never ask to use this service for more than 1 time. And it seems that my money is taken every months.

Can you help me ?

Thx

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.