How to Stop Recurring Payment To FileServe?

phillia
Contributor
Contributor

I just bought a 1 month premium in Fileserve, but then I received an email about automatic/recurring payment!

I followed instructions and went to Profile >> My Preapproved Payments and I cancelled that subscription.

Am I now safe? Is that subscription cancelled? Next month won't Fileserve try to get my money, right? Is there anything else I need to do?

Thank you for your help 🙂

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

gemma123
Contributor
Contributor

@Pottertons wrote:

I've cancelled my subscriptions via Paypal, however, i still continue to receive the following e-mail on a monthly basis...

....We've tried to process your automatic payment several times, and it is now past the original due date. You should contact FileServe Ltd to pay what you owe....

Luckily for me, I used a pre-paid mastercard with a balance of only $25 on it at the time of purchase. So they will not receive any funds from that card anymore.

I'm wondering if you need to go to the actual fileserve site and delete/cancel your account. Seems like the only way, and that's if it is even possible to do so.

Only problem with that is, I think your account is deleted immediately even if you've paid for an entire month. So you'll have to mark the expiration date down on your calendar.

Login to Me Too

geobog

Hello everyone.

I am having the same problem as you all.

I became a premium user in fileserve a few months ago only for a month (paying €9.99), only to realize just today that this was a subscription which involved recurring payments through paypal!!!

For the last few months i was receiving emails from paypal regarding these payments telling me that they could not be completed, probably because i used my credit card once and then unlinked it from paypal.

And just today i cancelled this recurring payment following the steps mentioned in this topic and notified paypal as well as fileserve on this cancellation

However there is now an outstanding balance of €49.95. What is the case with it? How do i get rid of this 'debt'?

Thanks in advance for your help! 🙂

Login to Me Too

gblid100
New Community Member

I too have have had 4 unauthorised deductions from my a/c after purchasing a 45 day subscription. Normally I remove my cc from Paypal to make sure it can.t be used in this way. Last time I forgot & Fileserve had a field day. Paypal refused to refund the amounts and I've had to go to my cc company to get my money back. I actually rang Paypal in Belgium but they still wouldn,t refund the theft from my Paypal  ac. Looks like I'll have to cancel my Paypal ac  as they seem not to care about theft.

Login to Me Too

nendeizy
New Community Member

Hello geobog,

I have exactly the same problem as with recurring payments and also this debit balance of 49,90 €, i just canceled this recurring payment but still i owe them this sum. For my part the payments couldn't be completed because i changed of credit card. 

What happened for you ? Did you have to pay them ? Can we contest it ? I don't understand why should pay  49,90 € whereas my fileserve account was in premium only during one month. 

Login to Me Too

GEEO
New Community Member

What can I do when Fileserve doesn't not appear on My pre approved payment?

Login to Me Too

FDX_74
New Community Member

Steps to cancel recurring billing by Fileserve.

1. Logon to Paypal.com

2. Click Profile

3. Click My Money

4. Click Update which can be found on the right hand side of "My pre approved payments"

5. Click Fileserve which can be found under the "Merchant" column.

6. Click Cancel

Login to Me Too

iqbali
New Community Member

yup,work for me, just cancel from preapproved payments.thks mate

Login to Me Too

andrik
New Community Member

Hi there,

If you search the FAQ on the fileserve page it clearly states that you can terminate your Fileserve premium account within Paypal.

I quote:

How do I cancel my FileServe subscription?

You can easily cancel your FileServe monthly subscription at any time.

When you cancel, your account will continue to be a FileServe premium until the end of the term that you have already paid for.

Customers using PayPal should note that subscriptions are maintained and controlled by PayPal and not by FileServe, but you can cancel your subscription with them at any time.

Login to Me Too

wntrs
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried EVERYTHING that I saw to do from others..I get to the page that is suppose to have a cancel near the bottom of page but theres not one..everything else is like the page should be according to what I read but NO cancel ?? This has been the most nerve racking thing I have been through in a long time..it sure is EASY to join though !!!! Woman Sad

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.