Check cashing

Mwalker267
Contributor
Contributor
I tried to cash a check with the PayPal app. It had me take a picture of the front of the check and then take one of the back. Once they approved the check, they said to write void on the check and then submit a photo of the check with void written on it. Once I did this step, PayPal denied/refused the check. I followed all of the instructions exactly as directed. Yet they refused it. It was for my paycheck in the amount of $4,982.00. I can't afford to wait for the company that contracted me to issue, cut, and mail another check to me. I need the money from the check to fund my next project that I've been contacted for. Need this resolved asap. Please advise.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Mwalker267,

Thank you for making a post in the Community Forum and welcome. I'm very sorry to hear that your check wasn't approved. I know that being unable to access a large sum of expected funds is very inconvenient and frustrating.

PayPal's Cash a Check service is managed by Ingo. Please refer to the Ingo Mobile Check Cashing FAQ for information about why the check may have been declined. The relevant section is toward the bottom of the FAQ. I regret that once the check is voided, it is not possible to redeposit it and a new check would have to be issued in order to deposit it.

If you need further assistance, please contact Ingo Customer Service for help.

I hope that the reissued check can be received quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

kkris6868
Contributor
Contributor
I have the exact same problem. It has never happened before, cause I've cashed 6 without a problem. I will never use this service again and I'm canceling my PP account. After 3 days of being on the phone, I still don't know what the problem is, if its being fixed or when I will ever see my money
Login to Me Too

Dmariem0000
Contributor
Contributor
Was this resolved I'm having issues too
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.