Paypal refund to my credit card did NOT go. How do I get the refund from PAYPAL?

martythek
Contributor
Contributor

How do I get my refund from Paypal if they claim that it was sent to my credit card but they did NOT receive it? Talked to Paypal support twice with no help.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@martythek 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account. Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).

https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

martythek
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for answering, but that is the standard answer which I was given when I called twice. Paypal claims my refund was given to my credit card on 4/4. Since 4/4 my credit card came out and that is how I discovered that my refund is missing. The monthly cycle is over and no refund.

Is there anyone that I can get in touch with to help with this at PAYPAL?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@martythek 

If paypal completed sending the transfer on the 4th April then the 30 days are not up until beginning of May.

It can complete anytime within that 30 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

martythek
Contributor
Contributor

Its April 30th and NO refund. I know that I will never see my $99.61 refund the Ebay issued via Paypal to go back to my Discover card. I have checked my Discover card weekly and no credit from Paypal. I guess this is the end of my dealing with Paypal. They win $99.61.

Login to Me Too

martythek
Contributor
Contributor

Its May 6th and NO refund. Spoke to Discover and Paypal and got no where. Paypal says they sent it to Discover and Discover says they did NOT receive it. And I am out almost $100. Go bye PAYPAL.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.