Not receiving security code

Branko21
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not able to log in to my Paypal account.

When I try to log in, the system takes me to the security check, with the message:

"We sent a security code to..."

But I do not receive any message.

I had to go through the same procedure earlier, but I used to get the message regularly.

Have no idea what is a problem this time.

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

nenadbjelic

I ti ne dobijas SMS poruku kao verifikaciju. I have the same problem that occurred 2 hours ago, hahaha

Login to Me Too

Branko21
Contributor
Contributor

I faced the same problem 2 days ago and hoped it will be resolved by waiting for a couple of days.
But it persists and it's really very frustrating if you can't access your own money when you need it.

I even called the phone number given as a help desk, but only got an answer from the machine to turn to this forum. :))

I'm thinking of switching to some other, more reliable service.

Login to Me Too

Leylaahmadova
New Community Member
I have completely the same issue, today on 7 July 2023. Not receiving any text message on my mobile phone number, even tried to fix it via the web page of paypal, but no any result…
What to do?
Login to Me Too

MikeFreedomCZ
New Community Member

Hi i have the same problem. I try log in but verification code not coming. I don't know what now.

Login to Me Too

Branko21
Contributor
Contributor

Obviously this is a widespread problem, but Paypal doesn't care 😞

Login to Me Too

Branko21
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday, I tried again to log in and finally GOT MY SECURITY CODE.

What a surprise! I was relieved, but stayed a little bit concerned about future logins...

We'll see.

Login to Me Too

mmaxovic
Contributor
Contributor

The same problem. There is no way to contact support. Only problems on the forum, no solution anywhere.

Login to Me Too

Branko21
Contributor
Contributor

When logging to Paypal, try to turn off your antivirus program (if you use one), as it may intercept communication between Paypal server and your machine.

Hope that helps.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Branko21 @mmaxovic and everyone,

Welcome to the PayPal Community and thanks for posting here!

Sorry to hear that you're not getting the security codes to your phone number to access your PayPal account. Firstly, I suggest you to try these steps that may help you to receive texts:

• Reboot the phone to refresh the network signal.

• Clear phone inbox to ensure it is not full (for old phones with limited SMS capacity).

• Check if there are any phone applications/settings that are filtering SMS.

• Alternatively, you may swap the SIM to another phone to verify if the delivery issue is phone related.

• Check if you are in roaming.

You can also check with your service provider to see if they're blocking the notifications from PayPal. If the issue persists after trying this, please reach out to the PayPal team to get access to your PayPal account. You can click the 'Contact us' page at the bottom of PayPal page. From there, if you click on ' Password and account access ' and the 'Login issues', you will see the call us/message us option at the bottom of the page. 

Hope this information helps,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.