My Zettle Terminal has a Security alert CODE: 2 and is locked

adudden
New Community Member
14 REPLIES 14

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @adudden,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum, and thank you for posting! I'm sorry that it has to be under such frustrating circumstances.

I'm afraid that, as the error shows, you would need to contact Customer Service for troubleshooting and assistance. You can find contact options at the bottom of the PayPal website under Contact. 

I regret the inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

DarMari

I have the same problem, and tech support claimed they can't hear me. Twice. Can someone just send out a new terminal that fits on my printer. Otherwise I will have to cancel and look for a different system. Looks like numerous people have the same problem.

Login to Me Too

magnustveito
Contributor
Contributor

I got the exact same problem on two of my terminals. I got eight of them and they are used twice the last year. I contacted Customer Service for help and they wanted me to take a bunch of pictures of the terminal. The ones with error code looks exactly like the other I got. Customer Support told me that they where broken due to a fall and someone most likely had lost them in the ground. The error code is also dated to two different dates where the terminals was not in use.  As mentioned, there is NO outer damage on either of them. This case and the Norwegian Customer Support is embarrassing. How did it go with you @adudden ? Have anyone got any tips on how to solve this case? 

Login to Me Too

DarMari

Same with me, support claimed twice they can't hear me. My terminal did not drop, ever, and I did not use it either. It states that security sensor locked the device. This is nuts. 

Login to Me Too

DarMari

Mine shows the same error, I already called tech support twice, each time after waiting for at least 15 minutes and talking to them, they state that it must have dropped and that they will initiate sending out a replacement, but then all of a sudden they state they can't hear me and hang up. very frustrating

Login to Me Too

Karim_PV
Contributor
Contributor

The same issue here.  Zettle Terminal locked after ~2 weeks usage without reason. This sucks big time. Has anyone got this solved?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Karim_PV

Thanks for joining the PayPal Community to share your experience with your Zettle Terminal! 

I'm sorry to hear your Zettle Terminal has also been locked due to a security alert code. When you have a few moments, please reach out to Customer Support by selecting 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website. 

I hope this helps!

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Karim_PV
Contributor
Contributor

This is nothing but frustrating. Tech support has no idea about the root cause. Hence, the device is not reliable for any serious business.

Login to Me Too

AndyG64
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Karim,

I have had the same issue Code 2 Sensors BL 16.11.23 02:10:55 ??

Told Terminal out of Warranty and could purchase another one, I have only used this less than 6 times in the 2 years I have had it for special customers.

Was also told I cannot even have a discount on a new one, because I don't use it often enough??

Theis seems to be a problem that can be fixed by a reset or simple plug in update.

This Unit as never been shocked/dropped miss used or got wet and as not been unused for sometime.

The updates for software should be able to load once powered back on not shutdown and lock out.

The Unit stopped on the 16.11.23 at 02:10:55 ?? this was not even powered up or had battery charge so where was the security threat come from??

Regards,

Andy (I do hope that Pay/Zettle see this post and understand how frustrating and looks like it as been made to be a not long lasting consumable)   

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.