Is Actitech Ltd linked to a fitness app?

Lauraleibe
New Community Member

Does anyone know who Actitech are and why they took unauthorised money from my Paypal? Is it possibly a yoga/fitness app I purchased for half the amount (to trial it)and now they are just taking money automatically?!

Login to Me Too
546 REPLIES 546

Golfpink04
New Community Member
I am having recurring payments taken out, and I don’t even KNOW what Actitech Limited is. How do I get my $$ back, and more importantly stop these fraudulent payments???
Login to Me Too

Dreklaw23
New Community Member
Actitech charging me through PayPal and I didn’t authorize it
Login to Me Too

Temp20230828y
CANCEL PSYMENT TO ACTITECH I did not subscribe to anything from Actitech
Login to Me Too

FDFD-12
Same problem. Log a dispute with PayPal ? They will help.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FDFD-12 

@Dreklaw23 

@Temp20230828y 

That company goes by a lot of names. A lot of times what happens is people accept a free trial for a product, and forget to cancel and it auto renews. Be careful what you are accepting.

Check if you had a subscription set up and cancel it?
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

FDFD-12
I got hit by this with an App called Fit Coach. I canceled it immediately I started as it wasn’t what I wanted. But they kept taking money for months. Only with PayPal help did they stop. Well done PayPal!
Login to Me Too

DanceNerd
Contributor
Contributor
I paid for a trial period, then next minuet they charged me for a 3 month subscription. All done in the space of 1 minuet literally. I am very angry. It's fraudulent. I definitely only clicked on the trial amount of $10. How do I get a refund from Actitech.
Login to Me Too

DanceNerd
Contributor
Contributor
I got the refund from Actitech because I said I was angry and I am going to leave a negative review and it was fraudulent. They did respond quickly and resolved it by refunding my money.
Login to Me Too

leeaho
Contributor
Contributor

A lot of times, they just pick up an order through a fake sales page and charge you for things you never received.  Then, you go back to the web page to try and "login in".  Since there isn't a login, you go through the process of answering their quiz thinking at some point you can enter an ID and Password.  I'm starting to see several sites out there that ask you to take a quiz to get your custom plan.   Judging by the hundreds of people complaining about actitech (the billing group that seems to be managing these sites), it's a full on scam.  Paypal should discontinue it's relationship with Actitech.  

Login to Me Too

Rick_inFulham
Contributor
Contributor

when so many PayPal customers have a similar problem with an apparently fraudulent supplier, you might expect PayPal to alert its customers to potential issues. I subscribed for a one-week trial to Actitech, next thing I knew I was billed multiples of that price as if I had committed to a monthly plan.

1) PayPal should alert clients when purchases imply continuing commitments, and 2) when merchants have a record of disputes with customers, this should be flagged.

I, for one, will be very cautious about using PayPal in future

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.