Is Actitech Ltd linked to a fitness app?

Lauraleibe
New Community Member

Does anyone know who Actitech are and why they took unauthorised money from my Paypal? Is it possibly a yoga/fitness app I purchased for half the amount (to trial it)and now they are just taking money automatically?!

Login to Me Too
544 REPLIES 544

thoyhartfiel
Contributor
Contributor

No,  the Paypal app, asked me to reach out to vendor.  which I did, but vendor has not responded.  I'm going to call my bank and see if I can report it as fraud.

Login to Me Too

Djg0333
I agree - and how is it pay pal can just wash their hands of the problem!!!!! I’m appalled with them. Disgraceful!
Login to Me Too

Temp20240216G
Did you open a dispute with PayPal?
Login to Me Too

Devinet
Contributor
Contributor
I got a refund from them after a few emails and a threat to start posting the reviews telling people that this app is a scam.
Login to Me Too

JillK8
Contributor
Contributor
Do you have an email address for actitech that you’re able to share please? I’ve just had 30.99 GBP taken from my account - not PayPal sadly 🤦🏼‍♀️
Login to Me Too

Temp20231205Y
Contributor
Contributor
No but contact your bank and report as fraud youll get money back from bank and block them from charging you again because they will keep trying to get money from you.
Login to Me Too

Skyview1
Contributor
Contributor

In this case the 'Bank' is Paypal, I am really surprised that Paypal would not contact us first to be sure that I have autharised an automatic subscribtion, especially with this number of complaints, I don't feel safe anymore to us Paypal, which I use for decades now.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Skyview1 

Paypal is not a bank, its a payment processor.

If the subscription is set up in your pre-approvements then of course they will pay it for you.

They can't contact every person every time they pay a monthly sub to check its ok, if its in your list they presume it is ok as only you can authorise and add it in there.

A lot of times what happens is people accept a free trial for a product and forget to cancel. As a buyer you must agree to a billing agreement/subscription before a merchant can take a payment from your PayPal account.
If you don't notice during checkout OR don't cancel then it auto renews. Be careful what you are accepting.

Check if you had a subscription set up and cancel it?
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Blucy45
Contributor
Contributor
They’ve taken money from me twice this month!! I have their email address but can’t post it on this site. Not allowed.
Login to Me Too

SkygoddessS
Contributor
Contributor

Could you share the email that you used to write and request refund from ActiTech? Sounds like your challenge to them worked to get your money back. Please do share with us! Thank you so much!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.