PayPal just closed a dispute case without solving the problem

Annielira
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I filed a dispute with a seller but PayPal didn't give enough options to explain the case propperly. The dispute has now been closed in favor of the seller. 

What can I do to explain to PayPal andbet my money back?

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Annielira 

Sellers can't close disputes that you open, if they could then the whole buyer protection process would be pointless.

Sellers would just close every dispute that buyers open and that does not happen.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Annielira
Contributor
Contributor
I wrote to PayPal and they have closed the despute without talking to me. There are not enough options to explain, then they don't read my mail and then they just close without discussing. That's not a propper client service.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Annielira 

As I keep saying, if you didn't escalate it to a claim then it would auto-close.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Donata70
Contributor
Contributor

I lodged a dispute with PayPal over a faulty product. PayPal do not give us enough options to choose from so I was told that I didn’t provide enough proof after sending them pages of conversations back and forth with the seller. PayPal settled in favour of the seller and closed the case and I am $249 out of pocket and left with a faulty product that I offered to send back but the seller would not let me. I am very disappointed with PayPal and left a review saying so as there was nowhere else I could contact them as no phone number for Australia and I am not aware of an email address for them either. I feel for you and your frustration.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.