PayPal just closed a dispute case without solving the problem

Annielira
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I filed a dispute with a seller but PayPal didn't give enough options to explain the case propperly. The dispute has now been closed in favor of the seller. 

What can I do to explain to PayPal andbet my money back?

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Annielira 

Paypal does not get involved in disputes, they only get involved when you can't reach agreement with the seller in the dispute stage and then ESCALATE the dispute to a claim.

So did you escalate the dispute to a claim within 20 days?

Which dispute was it for? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Annielira
Contributor
Contributor
I have tried to escalate it but it said the dispute is closed and there is no button or option to escalate it. Where can I find it?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Annielira 

I asked if you escalated before 20 days, if you didn't it would auto-close.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Annielira
Contributor
Contributor
I tried but I didn't find where I can escalate it.
Login to Me Too

Wafflesweber

Me Too!

Login to Me Too

Wafflesweber

PayPal set up auto payments For some company I have never ordered anything from or received anything from. I think PayPal gave out my banking account and routing numbers, and now I’m going to have to shut down my account! They are saying that the payments are not unauthorized when I’m telling them they are unauthorized. I did not order anything! This **bleep** has to stop.

Login to Me Too

Annielira
Contributor
Contributor
It seemsto me as if they wanted to shuffle off the responsibility. Also the options they offer to explain the problem are very limited, so then the description is incorrect because you just have to choose one in order to proceed.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Annielira 

Its easy enough to escalate and paypal send you an email when you open a dispute explaining you must escalate before 20 days if you can't resolve things with the seller.

You just click on view in the resolution centre > escalate.

Paypal don't shuffle responsibility as its your responsibility to make sure you have escalated the dispute to a claim before it closes. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Annielira
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately that doesn't work if the seller closed the dispute. It is not yet 20 days since I opened the dispute but the seller closed it

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.