Starting a class action lawsuit against PayPal

redzzz
Contributor
Contributor

Taking a Stand Against PayPal: Initiating a Class Action Lawsuit I have recently discovered alarming evidence of PayPal's alleged breach of contract and questionable fund withdrawal practices. As a concerned customer, I believe it's time to take action and protect the rights of all those affected by these issues. The Breach of Contract: PayPal, a widely used online payment platform, has a contractual agreement with its users. If you have evidence to suggest that they have violated the terms of this agreement, this could be a breach of contract. Unwanted Fund Withdrawals: Many PayPal users have reported suspicious and unauthorized withdrawals from their accounts. If you have experienced this issue and can provide concrete evidence, it may be considered theft. Class Action Lawsuit: In response to these concerns, I am in the early stages of exploring the possibility of initiating a class action lawsuit against PayPal. This legal action aims to hold PayPal accountable for their alleged misconduct and to seek compensation for affected users. Joining the Cause: If you have encountered problems with PayPal, such as unauthorized fund withdrawals or breaches of their terms of service, and you want to join this effort, please reach out to me. Together, we can strengthen our case and ensure justice is served. Gathering Evidence: To build a strong case, it's crucial to gather all available evidence, such as transaction records, correspondence with PayPal support, and any other relevant documents. Stay tuned for updates on this endeavor as we work towards holding PayPal accountable for their alleged actions.

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@redzzz 

Class action would probably not be an option anymore but you can pursue anything individually in a small claims court as per link.

https://fairshake.com/paypal/how-to-sue/#:~:text=And%20while%20you%20might%20think,of%20state%20or%2....

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

redzzz
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for letting me know, small claims is it is then. Sucks to because I used to love PayPal but they’ve done me unbelievably dirty in this situation.
Login to Me Too

vibrantsoul

Let me know if this becomes possible. Paypal are currently trying to **bleep** me.

Login to Me Too

MRIWOC

I will join your lawsuit! This site will not allow me to attach my email address ???? Wow! [removed]

Login to Me Too

Ryan176
Contributor
Contributor

I find myself in a situation that may differ from yours, but my commitment to holding companies accountable remains unwavering. PayPal, a platform known for its streamlined money transfer services and customer-centric claims, has left me grappling with an unexpected series of challenges.

In trusting PayPal during emergencies, particularly relying on their card stored in my glove box, I discovered the unfortunate reality of their manipulative practices. Despite their universal presence and promises of reliability, it seems their size and influence might lead them to overlook the significance of individual customers.

My current grievances with PayPal are numerous, but the most recent incident highlights their disregard for emergency situations. I reached out to a friend, also a PayPal user, in a moment of need. He suggested I send a money request via email, and after a smooth transaction, the money was posted on his end.

To my dismay, PayPal informed me that I couldn't access the funds unless I applied for their credit card. Feeling cornered and in need, I obliged. However, the situation only escalated when I discovered the need not just to apply but to be approved, a crucial detail seemingly omitted intentionally.

Now faced with limited options, including opening a bank solely to link it with PayPal or waiting up to 31 days for my friend to dispute the charges, I can't help but question the integrity of PayPal's practices. If my account didn't meet the requirements for the transaction, why was I allowed to send the request in the first place?

It appears that PayPal strategically creates situations to leverage users into further commitments. Many, like myself, use PayPal as their primary financial hub, lacking alternatives. The intentional lack of information during the transaction process puts users in a difficult spot, often leading them to apply for a credit card as a last resort.

While PayPal may have covered themselves in their user agreement, it raises questions about the agreement between the sender and PayPal. When were the terms communicated to the sender, and did PayPal adequately inform them of the potential issues, allowing their money to languish within the system

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ryan176 

I reached out to a friend, also a PayPal user, in a moment of need. He suggested I send a money request via email, and after a smooth transaction, the money was posted on his end.

By sending a money request you made the payment/transaction one for goods/services. If you had sent a personal account paypal.me link OR told your friend to use the friends/family option then you would not have had to do anything else later. 

Starting a legal process against paypal because you sent the wrong way is a tad OTT.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Ryan176
Contributor
Contributor
You forgot I could just of gone to his house and had him hand me the money wouldn't of had the problem then.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ryan176 

Not sure why you didn't then much easier way of doing it.

Or used the correct option in the first place?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Harryholt
Contributor
Contributor

So you guys want me to tell you how to get your money back from PayPal It's easy.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.