The problem with Vietnamese name when transfer money to bank

DoubleSS
Contributor
Contributor

I withdrew funds to my bank with a small value. However, the bank informed me that my name does not match the bank account name, so I have not received the money. When I check my name in Paypal, my full name is Manh [removed]. My bank account name is Nguyen [removed] in Vietnamese. Last name: Nguyen. Middle name: [removed]. First name: [removed]. I think Paypal will automatically change Paypal name to match with the Vietnamese name. But why did I not receive the money?

And when will I receive the money sent back to me by the bank to Paypal?

Thank you very much for your help!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DoubleSS
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. Thank you for your answer. I called Paypal support and the problem was resolved 😊. I linked my bank under my business name. It must be a personal name to match my bank.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_RebeccaZ

Hi There! Thank you for contacting PayPal. We understand the frustration you have encountered when transferring the funds to your bank account. Please note that the details on on your PayPal and bank account should match. Here's the link on how to change your PayPal name: https://www.paypal.com/cshelp/article/help564. For more assistance, please contact us  by going to http://paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us or by selecting "Contact" at the bottom of any page on the PayPal website as we cannot take any direct action on accounts on social media for security reasons. Thank you! 

Login to Me Too
Solved

DoubleSS
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. Thank you for your answer. I called Paypal support and the problem was resolved 😊. I linked my bank under my business name. It must be a personal name to match my bank.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.