Report a Problem system

Maureenj25
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Is anyone else finding the new system for reporting a problem, with a transaction, very narrow in its parameters.  I found it forced me to click on incorrect answers just to get somewhere near to the truth.  I've just tried to use it for the first time and by the time I was halfway through I'd answered so many questions incorrectly (slightly) that the picture they would get would be completely incorrect.  Why can they not list the most used answers plus 'Other' should it be needed.  Even the number to call was answered by a computurised system which didnt ask the correct questions either.  Im now waiting on an email which I hope will give me the chance to tell them the correct situation.  Any one else got any ideas how to get round this?  

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maureenj25 

Yes but looking at your history on this forum you have received help on quite a few occasions.

Never once have you left kudos/solution for those that tried to help so that does not encourage folks to give up their time again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Maureenj25
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Your reply has shocked me as having been a member for over 15 years I can't remember having asked a question of the community but see that it states that I have asked 10 questions during my membership so suspect they must have been asked a long time ago but according to the system I didn't receive any solutions so I don't see how I could have given kudos to no answers?  Unfortunately it appears that I have been mislead by the title "community" to me it suggests help and friendliness and if someone thinks I have been ungrateful for the answers I didn't receive, I apologise, and please just ignore my request I won't bother you again, especially not if I have to apologise for not thanking people for something I didn't receive.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maureenj25 

If someone provides an answer to your question then yes a solution is nice but leaving kudos is what most folks do as its a 'thank you' for giving up your time to respond to a post and provide advice. You have never thanked anyone. So you are the one not showing ''community friendliness'' or common courtesy?

Even if advice given did not help you surely a 'thank you' is nice if someone has given up their time to try and help you.

Someone may open a door for me, I don't need the door opened for me but I say thank you anyway. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Maureenj25
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I do understand what you are saying about the philosophy of "Kudos" and would be happy to thank and acknowledge any help given, the previous problems I have asked for help with must have been a very long time ago as I don't remember them, perhaps when I first became a Paypal member and needed clarification on something I didn't understand,  but according to this very site "Problems reported 10/Solutions offered 0" so who would I thank?  I have been a volunteer for numerous different projects throughout my life and still do where possible so I know that, while you don't do it for the praise, a thank you is polite and shows that the work done wasn't in vain, but sat here today Im not upset because there aren't a queue of people outside my door to thank me for the projects I didn't take on !!!!  I can see that the lack of "Kudos" from people who get help from this community upsets you but please pick on someone who has forgotten their manners and behaved as you are trying to imply I have, as being bullied for something I'm not guilty of upsets me, no answer to my problem may have been the result here but that wouldn't have upset me, but being targeted in this manner is unpleasant and unnecessary.      

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maureenj25 

You don't have to mark a thread solved if you don't think it has been, however you could still leave a thank you ie kudos but you have never bothered.

If you never leave kudos and someone points that out as the reason for not giving up their time to help you then I would hardly call that targeted or unpleasant. Equally citing you are being bullied for something you are not guilty of is irrational. You are guilty as you have never left kudos and stating facts is not bullying.

The person being unpleasant is the one not saying thank you which is you.

Now excuse me whilst I go help others that are more polite.  

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Maureenj25
Contributor
Contributor

Please Please Please explain to me, is "Kudos" not a thank you for a reply, by that I mean not a solution but just a reply so it's a thank you for someone taking the time to respond even if it didn't solve the problem? Because that was my understanding and as I have had no replys helpful or otherwise - according to this system - Who would I say thank you to, I don't understand why you are targeting me for this problem but would ask you to answer that one question - who would I say thank you to- when no responses were received, You say Im being unpleasant but Im trying to understand and it's you who keeps telling me Ive no manners and am being rude isn't that unpleasant?  Your email came out of the blue and to someone who prides themselves on being kind and considerate I found it very unpleasant and faintly bullying as well as confusing? - how could I thank no one for replying to me - not one comment in your emails has been pleasant to me at least and you certainly have not explained who I should be thanking for not answering my queries, Im baffled???   

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maureenj25 

They did help you, and even if they had not they tried, so why would you not say thank you to someone trying to help you?

On your previous threads where you have been helped by moderators etc you have never said thank you, in word/print or by leaving kudos.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Maureenj25
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry but I have asked repeatedly for you say who I should have responded to and you still wont say?  Surely you can understand what I am trying to find out in the interests of clarity and making amends if I have offended anyone.  You still don't say who responded helpfully or otherwise, I received no help and no answers that I know of and would have been happy to thank someone/anyone for even trying but I didn't receive any response that I can see, and you still won't tell me who you think did help or tried to help, and insist on accusing me but will provide no proof.

If anyone is reading this and has been offended/upset or hurt by my non response to their actions I can only say that according to My Messages I have posted 10 messages in my Paypal life (that being about 16 years I think)  and according to again, My Messages, I have received 0 responses, and 0 resolutions, leaving me completely in the dark as to who I haven't given credit to for helping or even trying to help, but if you have I'm sorry I didn't know, and thank you, that being said as I cannot understand these rules and the lady who started all this wont explain (even criminals get the chance to see the evidence against them) the chances of me re-offending are too high to risk upsetting someone (?????) again.  So please consider this over.     

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maureenj25 

Read your own threads, you were the one that posted them!!!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.